Invest With Me!
I like making t-shirts, and I am a big fan of my friends. How about if we mix the two?
Off late, I have been 'partnering' with my friends in designing, producing, and selling the first 50 t-shirts on a subject of their choice, or on a t-shirt they like which is already here and want to be a part of! I can already sense that it's exciting, and you just have to tell me if you want to do it too. Do read further!
1) You will be required to invest Rs. 100 apiece in making 50 t-shirts of a topic or design that you are keen on (old, or, we can make something new) making it Rs. 5000/- in all. You will end up earning Rs. 300/ apiece, making it 15000/- ... after the sale of the first 50 t-shirts. Great or wwwwhat! You better get your Swiss Bank accounts done :)
2) After the sale of these first 50 t-shirts through which you will make profits as well, we can extend the partnership into the next round of 50 t-shirts, and so on. You just have to be patient - it's easy to sell t-shirts because EVERYBODY loves them, but it takes its own time.
3) Just so we don't have a brawl, you'll will have a larger say on the subject and color of the t-shirt, and I'll have a larger say on the final design. This division of decision making ... it's healthy.
4) Your 15,000/- will be transferred to you after the sale of the 50 t-shirts. I told you .. get that Siwss Bank account already!
6) We both will flex our muscles in spreading the word about the t-shirt, and drive the sales. I'm sure the eleven of us will do a much better job than one.
Just on thing though. Please don't do it with the sole intent to make money (though you will make money). Let's do it because you also think it will be fun to do some t-shirt-giri with me, and because Rs. 5000/- is hardly an amount that will dent your resources! For me, the benefit is two-fold: I get to do something with my friends in a non-permanent way, and I can save myself from investing too much into Toubé Bäs which I don't intend to run as a business anyway.
I threw this idea in the face of Naren Venugopal (my room mate in Bombay), and he wasted 3 seconds in nodding his head and committing towards the "Amar Jawaan" t-shirt. He loves the military (his dad is an army-man), and he was sure he could get quite a few of them sold within his army community.
Then, Kalpana, my omni-present co-saadhak at all the meditation camps I've been to, agreed to invest her sum of 5000/- in the upcoming, "Nothing Is Possible" t-shirt. It's a beautiful story, actually. Her mother got inspired - at the age of 60! - to try her hands (literally) at painting, and before they knew it, she was organizing exhibitions of her creatives all around Thane/Jalgaon! In some blissful moment of hers, she painted a beautiful painting of Buddha, and when I saw it, I exclaimed that this has to come on a t-shirt! I'll be doing that t-shirt next, in March 2017.
Then, my jeejaji, Sandeep Maheshwari, who is a big, huge, humongous fan of chai, committed Rs. 5000 for a t-shirt that is about chai! The fact that he is a king of sick-jokes means that in one of his own moments of enlightenment, he came up with an excellently witty idea for the t-shirt as well. I might do that sometime in the next 3-4 months!
So, the very moment you feel like it's a harmless-and-feel-good idea .. this micro-investing .. tell me without batting an eyelid. We'll do something crazy together, and you'll be helping me in the process as well! For you, it will be a potential second source of income, and a dig at doing some business-work without risking anything at all.
501 T-shirts Only
Toubé Bäs t-shirts will be exclusive, and limited edition. No design will sell more than 501 t-shirts in all of eternity.
I don't like running into someone wearing the same t-shirt, or even having seen the same t-shirt on someone else, which I have been so proudly wearing and showing off. Even more so when it speaks about something I cherish, and is a design which is almost no-where else to be seen.
That's just the way I am. You?
Theme : No-Nonsense
The t-shirts here follow a theme, which I like to call, "No-Nonsense". All designs here either reflect upon a passion or a cause - so you will either instantly relate with a design, or not relate with it in eternity.
That's why every t-shirt here will do this to you: you'll either see yourself totally buying it; or you will just be indifferent to it and will never go for it (unless you're buying it for someone else). There's no mid-way, no confusion.
I don't make serious t-shirts here - seriousness is perversion - but I do make t-shirts that have some gravity, that have an essence that lingers on. It can be funny, witty, sarcastic, emotional or whatever ... but it has to be a conversation starter for you, bring you healthy attention wherever you go, tells the world something important about you.
That's why I have always felt and said it (pretty poetically):
"T-shirts don't hide. They reveal!"